401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Finley Distributing is seeking individuals with a great work ethic and attitude.
Summary: Assist with management of accounting and auditing within the Organization including monthly Financial Statement preparation and Annual Audit Preparation. Establish and maintain Internal Controls and maintain accurate records and accounting for all accounting systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts through work paper documentation, subledgers and reconciliation to the General Ledger, including reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Notifying the Controller of any discrepancies relating to processing of data within the software utilized to generate the financial statements and/or reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Month end adjusting journal entries including payroll accrual and expense accruals
- Review inventory reconciliation, including researching any discrepancies.
- Update and verify RAS records as needed including cost non-beer, payment terms, supplier settings
- Prepare and/or setup periodic or ad-hoc reporting utilizing Excel, RAS, Sage or Paylocity
- Reviewing Employee Timecards and Payroll Registers on bi-weekly basis
- Backup for payroll and HR functions
- Serve as backup for receipt posting and making necessary corrections.
- Review pricing discrepancies and work with team to correct, as needed
- Processing and reconciliations of worker’s comp, union, and benefit invoices
- Review all tax filing including Luxury Tax, and Sales/Use Tax
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: College Degree preferred or High School Diploma or equivalent plus three plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business correspondences and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, critically think and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software; Internet software; Order processing systems and Microsoft Office to include Outlook.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Office or meeting room environment.
- Travel: No travel required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and finger to type, grasp and hold; speak and listen in person and over the phone to customers, vendors, co-workers and the general public.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically, safely and successfully accomplish the task at hand
- The employee constantly positions self to type on keyboards and answer phones. The person also needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets and other office machinery.