Job Title: Space Planning Specialist
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Any and all needed to accomplish job (typically during business hours 7am-4pm). Hours may vary based on account schematic schedules
Summary: To ensure chain store headquarters and Independents approve the sale of Finley products and to see that promotions, displays, features, favorable product placements, cooler re-sets and other key objectives are approved by the account.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Execute scheduled re-sets
- Encourage maximum use of Space Planning
- Use sales skills to promote additional product placement
- Ensure sales supervisors and all salespersons are advised of approved packages and products
- Monitor schematics for all accounts
- Monitor sales and distribution on all assigned accounts
- Complete all internal control records, forms, and reports properly and accurately
- Call on any new independent/non-buying accounts
- Call on target account list
- Reports all competitive activity to sales manager immediately
- Participate in all chain store promotions and special events
- Follow up on customer complaints in close coordination with the sales manager to ensure problems are solved and are not recurrent
- Consider this a Safety Sensitive Position
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general documents
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Ability to be proficient with any computer software and hardware required for the position.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work setting is inside the warehouse.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently moving, lifting and positioning materials weighing up to 170 pounds at least 90% of the time
- Positioning self to transfer up to 170 pounds and be physically able to move packages in a tight space. (Example: open air cooler/gravity fed cooler).
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; to converse; and to listen.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically, safely and successfully accomplish the task at hand