401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Work Hours: Generally 40 hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs mid-level general ledger account review, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of general ledger accounts
- Track, record and reconcile fixed assets as purchased or disposed of
- Process tax liability report and payments including luxury tax and sales tax.
- Reconcile bank accounts daily including updated cash forecasts, posting necessary transactions
- Prepare, track, process and account for select supplier billbacks
- Prepare reconciliation of supplier rebates
- Reconcile and post credit card transactions and process backup as necessary
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Conduct duties while maintaining high levels of integrity and respect for internal controls including, but not limited to protecting confidentiality of organizational information
- Serve as backup for other administrative positions as needed
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science degree with major in finance or accounting, and 2-4 years of recent and relevant general ledger experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accuracy: Ability to work with a high degree of attention to detail despite volume and urgency of task.
- Autonomy: Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks based on self-imposed or organizational deadlines
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business correspondences and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Skill level with excel should be at intermediate to advanced level.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Office or meeting room environment
- Travel: No travel required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and finger to type, grasp and hold; speak and listen in person and over the phone to customers, vendors, co-workers and the general public.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically, safely, and successfully accomplish the task at hand
- The employee constantly positions self to type on keyboards and answer phones. The person also needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets and other office machinery.