401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Finley Distributing is seeking individuals with a great work ethic and attitude.
Summary: To sell, merchandise, and service all assigned accounts in the best professional manner possible and to be responsible for rotation and positioning of Finley Distributing portfolio of brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strive aggressively to sell all monthly focus packages in all accounts
- Offer suggestions for increasing sales on Finley Distributing Company products through merchandising concepts including, but not limited to, floor displays, permanent P.O.S. material, product promotions, etc.
- Take a complete and total inventory of Finley Distributing Company products within accounts as required, not including products on shelf, updated code dates on the computer.
- Check pricing on all products and note competitive pricing and activities
- Exchange short-coded beer to be returned to ware house within three weeks of shelf life so that product can be sold into a fast moving account in a timely manner.
- Book floor displays using sign track.
- Create a favorable public image through proper conduct and neat, well-groomed appearance
- Collect bad checks
- Call regularly on non-buyers
- Report all competitive activities to management immediately
- Communicate pertinent information regarding advertising, prices, company and/or brewery programs, sales trends, etc.
- Rotate and stock both cooler and warm beer shelves
- Maintain a good, positive attitude and rapport with retailers
- Merchandise the brands and packages carried in each account by selling displays, placing P.O.S. materials, and securing the best cooler and shelf positions
- Reports to work Monday thru Friday, on call weekends with supervisor as assigned.
- Improve distribution in all accounts
- Make sure all shelves are stocked
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and act on these instructions.
- Computer Skills: Ability to be proficient with any computer software and hardware required for the position.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Work environment includes retail locations varying in temperature from room temperature to chilled walk-in coolers.
- Travel: Travel is required primarily within account base.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to us hands; to converse; lift and move Finley products and related items required, to listen to customers, co-workers, company supervisors and management.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically and safely to successfully accomplish the task at hand