Summary: To provide delivery service to the customer for both package and draft routes and to serve in his/her capacity as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carry a valid and current CDL and Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Successfully perform a Pre-Trip Inspection prior to leaving the distributorship
- Park vehicle so as not to alienate or interfere with store’s customers
- Deliver product to all assigned retail accounts
- Operate a wheeled hand cart to transport product into stores
- Check in all product with appropriate retail staff
- Remove all damaged or returned product and give appropriate credit
- Count daily truck load with warehouse personnel and verify against route sheet
- Complete all sales invoices properly and accurately
- Collect payment and invoices and return with check-in personnel
- Rotate products in the accounts to guarantee product freshness
- Cooperate with all delivery support staff and provide professional and courteous service at all times
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently moving, lifting, positioning, installing heavy materials weighing up to 170 pounds at least 90% of the time
- Regularly getting in and out of trucks and vans
- Positioning self to transport or remove kegs from trucks and pallets
- Attendance is required at periodic safety meetings
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; to converse, and to listen.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; To position self ergonomically, safely and successfully accomplish the task at hand.